Shipping & Returns
We ship both locally and worldwide.
- Free shipping in Australia for orders over $150.
- We offer a flat rate $10.50 shipping fee within South Australia.
- For orders to other locations, shipping will be calculated at the checkout.
- Large or heavy items such as furniture and prints may incur extra charges, and may not be included for free shipping for orders over $150. Please check the item page for more details or calculate shipping in the cart.
- Please allow 1-3 business days for processing before your order is dispatched.
- Pre-order products may have up to 3 weeks waiting period before they are dispatched. If your order contains both in stock and pre-order products, we will send any in stock products within 1-3 business days and pre-order products will be sent separately as soon as they are available.
- Within Australia, orders are estimated to arrive between 2-14 business days. Shipping time may vary depending on location. Please contact us for an estimate of shipping times for your address. Please note that there may be delays in shipping due to restrictions and/or border closures.
Pick up in store:
Please ask our friendly staff at the counter to collect your order. We may ask for personal information or proof of purchase if necessary. Please call ahead if you would like to allow someone else to collect your order for you.
Please note that international taxes may apply depending on your country's tax policy.
Customs duty is calculated as a percentage of the customs value of the goods. Bauhaus will declare the value of goods accurately in all cases. Any import taxes charged when the package arrives in your country are at the customer's own expense. We recommend checking if any extra customs charges will apply before placing your order.
Change of mind
Your satisfaction is important to us. We offer a 30 day exchange policy:
- Bauhaus does not offer refunds for change of mind. However, we are happy to offer store credit valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
- We have a 30 day exchange window, starting the day the order was delivered. Exchanges will NOT be accepted after the 14 day period unless arranged before the end of the exchange period.
- Items must be in the original packaging, unused, and in the same condition that you received it. Gift vouchers are non-refundable. We reserve the right to reject exchanges for damaged items, items with missing packaging/parts and items that appear worn or used.
- Due to hygiene regulations, we are unable to offer any exchange due to change of mind on earrings.
- Please email email@example.com and include an image of your receipt.
- Once the exchange is approved, you will have a further 7 days for domestic orders and 30 days for international orders to return the product(s) to us.
- All return shipping costs will be at the customer’s own expense. Bauhaus does not hold any responsibility for missing parcels. We recommend items are returned using a tracked postal service or with postal insurance.
- Returns will not be accepted without prior notification.
- When we have received your item(s) in acceptable condition, the exchange will be processed and the voucher for store credit will be emailed to you.
In Store Exchanges:
- Items purchased online can be exchanged in person at both of our store locations.
- Please bring a copy of your receipt (or show us a digital copy on your phone).
- Exchanges must be made by the person who purchased the item(s). If you would like to allow a family member or friend to exchange on your behalf please contact us first.
Damaged or faulty items:
- All of our items are new and unused. Our team carefully inspects all items before they are dispatched.
- In the unlikely event that an item arrives to you damaged or with a manufacturing fault, we will happily repair, replace, or refund the faulty/damaged item for you in accordance to the Australian Consumer Law.
- You must notify Bauhaus directly through email at firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days from the date of purchase. Proof of purchase must accompany all faulty or damaged items that are returned to us in its original received state & packaging.
- Once your return is received and inspected, our team will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item and if we are able to offer a repair, replacement, or refund for the items.
- We do not consider general wear and tear over time as a manufacturing fault or as faulty goods.
- If we are unable to repair or replace the faulty item, a refund for the amount paid will be issued. Please allow up to 14 days for a refund to be processed. If you haven’t received a refund after 14 days, contact your bank, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. If you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Unless the item is being returned due to a manufacturing fault or Bauhaus error, any shipping costs associated with the return are at the customer’s own expense.