- Please note that there may be shipping delays due to restrictions and/or border closures that are out of our control.
- Please contact us for assistance if you would like to use an in-store gift card online.
Free Shipping on orders over $150. (Exclusions may apply for large or heavy products).
or starting from $5.95 for orders under $150
Starting at $16.95 AUD, shipping costs will be calculated at the checkout.
Orders will be dispatched within 1-2 business days. Please note that public holidays may affect delivery times.
Click here for more information
Change of Mind
We are unable to offer a refund for change of mind. However, items may be accepted for exchange or store credit within 14 days.
If you wish to exchange an item purchased through the Bauhaus website, you must contact us directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org within the 14-day window.
All return shipping costs will be at the customer’s own expense.
For hygiene reasons, earrings cannot be returned for change of mind.
Click here for more information
General Jewellery Care
Our brass, 925 sterling silver and gold plated jewellery may naturally oxidise over time. Tarnished metal jewellery will appear darker than the original colour and dull. To restore their shine, you can gently rub your jewellery with a polishing cloth. This is a natural process and should not be considered a defect; Bauhaus will not replace jewellery due to oxidisation.
Exposure to water, soaps, perfume and other beauty products may cause jewellery to oxidise quickly. We recommend you do not wear jewellery while bathing or swimming to keep them looking their best. Leather pieces may deteriorate and change colour if they get wet.
To keep your jewellery in good condition we recommend storing the piece in the provided pouch in a cool, dry place.
Silver and brass are soft metals; take care when inserting or removing thin earring posts/hooks, they may snap if bent. When adjusting the bands of adjustable rings and bracelets, be gentle and go slow to avoid breakage or kinks in thinner bands. Please take care when wearing fine chains, they will happily hold your collection of charms but may not withstand excessive pulling if they are snagged or become caught. Bauhaus may not be able to replace broken jewellery with evidence of bending, pulled links or other careless handling and accidental damage.
Gold Plated Jewellery
Gold plated jewellery will naturally lose their plating over time, revealing the colour of the metal underneath. Avoid exposure to water, soaps, perfume and other beauty products, store your piece in the pouch provided when you are not wearing it and avoid excessive polishing (only polish lightly when needed) for a longer lasting plating.
Bauhaus cannot re-plate jewellery for you. Please ask your local jewellery stores if you would like to have your jewellery re-plated.
Due to the unique nature of the shape of Milena Zu jewellery it must be handled and store with care to keep their shape and avoid breakage. Store your Milena Zu jewellery flat to avoid bending. For three dimensional pieces such as the pod earrings and rings, store them away from other objects to make sure they are not crushed.
Most Milena Zu pieces are plated and may change colour naturally over time. A brass base is used for most pieces for the delicate crocheting process. Oxidised pieces will lighten over time.
To clean your Milena Zu jewellery:
Various metals are used in different designs and cleaning procedures can vary for each metal:
1. Any metal type of jewel that has been oxidised does not need to be cleaned. However, when the jewellery is new, occasionally it may lose some oxidised particles that can be trapped in between the weaving. To avoid this, we recommend immersing the piece for 10 minutes in a cup of very hot water mixed with 3 tbs. of vinegar. Then use a soft brush to gently brush on top and underneath the weaving, rinse with warm water and dry with a soft towel.
2. For cleaning 925 sterling silver pieces when tarnished: line the bottom of a pot with a sheet of Aluminium Foil and fill it with steaming hot water. Add 2 tsp. Baking Soda and 1 tsp. Salt, drop your silver piece into the pot so that it is touching the aluminium foil. Position the pot on the stove with low fire and bring it to a boiling point. Leave it for 2 -3 minutes or remove it when the piece appears clean. Rinse it with water and gently buff it dry with a soft towel.
3. For cleaning gold plated or silver plated pieces, follow step 2 here above.
4. For all pieces with stones, turn upside down after the last rinse to allow the water to drain out of the settings.